- Mat: Pilates Matwork. You only need a mat!
- Focused Classes: raise the intensity and focus on a muscular group or a specific training.
- LegsBurner: stronger legs to be ready for your favorite sport or just to prevent injuries. Using dumbbells or other weights.
- BootySculpture: sculpt your glutes while improving your posture (using loop bands, dumbbells or other weights).
- Abs&Core: (may be done using weights) a strong abdomen is key for a healthy posture. For the six-pack watch your diet or you won’t see the results!
- Mobility (calisthenics; eventually using weights, balls, sticks and ropes): improve your joint mobility working on the full range of joint movement and all the muscle fibers.
- Stretch&Relax: forget the world outside and treat yourself with a heavenly hour. Flexibility and myofascial release.
- KillerPilates: advanced Pilates Matwork with elements of functional training. Experienced? Give it a try!
- Don’tBreakMyHeart: cardiovascular training.
PHILOSOPHY OF THE BODY
WELLNESS GENERATED FROM MOVEMENT
The body already has everything that it needs to stay healthy. Pain and poor posture are the symptoms of an imbalance that my work helps to harmonize.
My education combines academic studies of philosophy with specific training as a Pilates and fitness instructor. From this experience, I have developed an approach that pursues the overall well-being of the person, accessible through individual physical training.
To know one’s own body, accept and respect it are necessary conditions for mental and physical health. Working on movement, breathing and muscle rebalancing, my method leads gradually and naturally to greater harmony and integration between mind and body, resulting in significant improvement, not only of all vital parameters, but also of self-esteem and self-awareness.
The STOTT PILATES® method represents the most recent and efficient evolution of the system created by Joseph Pilates in the early twentieth century.
The calisthenics exercises (Matwork) require a mat to protect your back and they also include a series of light equipment: Toning Balls, Fitness Circles, Flex Bands … as well as proprioceptive equipment such as the Foam Roller and BOSU, that challange balance and stability.
Instead the larger equipment assists and guides movement by offering many opportunities for exercise. I chose to work with MERRITHEW ™ equipment, which in my opinion is qualitatively the best, most versatile, effective and pleasant to use as to fluid movement and overall comfort. The resistance of the Pilates equipment consists of springs which present an advantage over fitness equipment that use weights as resistance. This is due to the structure of the spring which is more similar to that of muscle. Also Pilates equipment does not isolate the movement to a single muscle or group of muscles, but works in an integrated and global way. In this manner we learn to always activate the CORE, the deep muscles that protect the body to perform any movement and exertion safely.
Pilates places great importance to self-awareness and proprioception, which is the ability to perceive and organize one’s own body in space. This way one can also improve their motor coordination and balance skills which are aspects that can be greatly improved with exercise. Pilates is a mind-body training method, as it requires concentration and precision thanks to the attention to breathing which accompanies every movement.
I teach in the studio and outdoors, adapting myself to the setting, the available equipment, and especially to the objectives and specifics of the client. My workouts are differentiated to meet different requirements and consist of:
- Improving and maintaining fitness levels, with programs suitable for all ages;
- Recovery after rehabilitation following injuries and operations;
- Postural re-education: balancing of all muscles of the body to improve the alignment and prevent stiffness and pain;
- Athletic training (Pilates is particularly suited to improve performance of athletes who need precision and control of movement, and for those who play sports and want to correct asymmetrical muscle imbalances that could occur in tennis, golf, fencing …) ;
- Prenatal and post-partum courses;
- Weight loss (the training program must be integrated with an adequate diet, under the supervision of a nutritionist).
TRX® SUSPENSION TRAINING
Originated and developed by the Marine Corps, Suspension Training exercise provides a complete, rapid and efficient workout for the whole body. In particular, it simultaneously develops strength, balance, flexibility and stability of the Core, increasing muscle endurance.
The sessions are conducted with the TRX® Suspension Trainer, a portable training system that uses gravity and bodyweight to complete hundreds of different exercises. This practical training system is small enough to be mounted anywhere (in the gym, at home, outdoors …).
Although Suspension Training is usually practiced by professional athletes and in general by fitness enthusiasts who want to challenge their own limits, the possibility to calibrate and control the exercises with a certified instructor makes this type of training suitable for anyone who is willing to make an extra effort to maintain flawless tone and muscular strength.
Athletic Conditioning & Performance Training™
CORE™ Athletic Conditioning & Performance Training™ is a training program focusing on functional fitness, targeting core strength and kinesthetic awareness, which together can lead to improvements in total-body strength and power. This multi-layered system is designed for both novice and high-level athletes.
The CORE Foundational Principles followed in this training regime enhance performance by improving precision, control, strength, power and agility. Kick-start the metabolic system, optimize athletic performance, and train smarter with the combination of body control and power movements that transform regular training programs into high-intensity, results-driven workouts. The CORE system helps retrain unbalanced muscles, initiates the core, and builds strength from within that transfers on and off the playing field!
WANT MORE INFO?
Pilates, TRX and CORE™ Certified Instructor.
Making people move since 2000.
Nature advocate. Free spirit.
Error: API requests are being delayed for this account. New posts will not be retrieved.
Log in as an administrator and view the Instagram Feed settings page for more details.